- Platform Online
- Duration 9 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Week Days
Prepare for success in your IELTS Listening test The British Council’s four Understanding IELTS courses will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test. This course focuses on the Listening test. You’ll explore the format of the test and develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet. You’ll also look at general English listening strategies that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies.
- This course is designed for anyone preparing for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
- IELTS teachers will also find it useful.
This course is developed by British Council ,Upgrade this course ($54) and you will get: Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn and A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
- Explore the IELTS Listening test and learn how to improve your test performance
- Apply general English listening strategies that will help you deal with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies
- Develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet
- Develop confidence and feel fully prepared on the day of the test
I've taught English in Hungary, Romania, China and the UK. At the moment I teach in Shetland and I also write English language teaching materials.
I have been working in English language teaching for over twenty years in Europe and Africa, teaching a wide range of classes to everyone from 5 years old and up!
I live and work in Bratislava and have been teaching for twenty years. I’m also the Social Community Manager in charge of the British Council’s global social media channels for learners
I've been involved with English language teaching for over 20 years and now I split my time between online courses, teacher training and various work with UK universities.